2012-12-13

Mac OS X: Automator image resize trap

Beware of the hidden traps of using the automator to batch resize images.

Instead of resizing a few pictures by hand I thought I be intelligent and use the automator to resize the pictures. So I spent a few minutes to find some documentation about 10.5 and preview functionality being available as automator workflow tasks.

All done in a few minutes and it felt great. So I continued to upload the pictures and only saw much later that the quality of the pics is far worse than manually clicking in preview -> tools - > adjust size and only modify the height to 550.

It really looks that OS X 10.8 is not using the preview functionality but something else, or slightly different settings maybe.

Now I have to manually resize the images and be sure that the quality is a expected.


No comments: