2016-05-18

Apple iOS 9.3.2 Battery drain: iPad Pro 12.9" Battery life shortened by 2 hours

Does 9.3.2 final version affect battery life?

For more than two weeks I'm using the iPad Pro 12.9" professionally, i.e. every day for my work, no more laptop.

But I can only work like that thanks to Citrix Receiver. So I was running 9.3.1 and then 9.3.2 Beta versions and have been at a training from 8pm to 6pm and I never had to charge the iPad Pro.

Now I upgraded to 9.3.2 Final and after 4 hours 50 minutes I'm down to 14% what is really strange is that two hours before I still had %57 percent. Also I was 50 minutes out for lunch.

Now the time is 15:26 and I only have 8% left. I won't make it to 6pm without charging.

Most probably this becomes the biggest issue now as you always have to worry about battery life as with your other devices. I'm writing a post about how to use the device at work and the battery life was  excellent. Now I have to revisit that chapter.

Most interesting will be to identify how much the brightness affects battery life, I usually need the device to be on 3 quarter of max or even a little bit brighter.

No comments: