2008-09-04

New processes 1: Yeah, I knew it. Slowdown already seems happening.

After the 4 Updates are installed there are new processes and services:





There are some many new processes so I had to split this post.






  • conime.exe - This has to do with input, I believe. It is not always here, so maybe it came with me trying out TablePC Input









  • hkcmd.exe - no idea. this is permanent.

  • update: Hotkey Command Module (Hkcmd.exe) (Microsoft KB 813200)







  • igfxper.exe - intel graphics

  • igfxsrvc.exe -

  • igfxtray.exe - Intel Graphics Tray (Igfxtray.exe)

  • I know what tray is because I can see the icon ->



Update:

  • hkcmd.exe
  • igfxpers.exe
  • igfxsrvc.exe
  • igfxtray.exe

All of these are from Intel!

these utilities are part of the Intel 82810 Graphics Contoller or the Intel 82815 Graphics Controller (from KB 813200) -> so they are also part of Mobile 945!

  • SearchFilterHost.exe - microsoft search related? (searchindexer.exe)
  • SearchProtocolHost.exe

These processes only come up sporadically!





No comments: