2012-10-26

Google datacenter on many peoples background

I just love nice pictures of data centers, that look clean and colorful.

Currently on many people's desktop I see this picture of one of the google data centers:


google-datacenter-tech-02_620x413.jpg

O boy, I would wish I would be able to go around the world and check on all google datacenters, some kind of Safari, but instead of animals we'll get to see the pulse of the internet. It'll be boring, since we cannot actually have some fun by ripping out a server or storage or so, or go into the tape roboter cage and exchange some cartridges. (Probably more interesting are the offices and the canteen, I would be most interested to work at google and have strong opinionated discussions about the future of knowledge centralization and put the whole wisdom of humanity at the interface (not anymore keyboard, but brain interface, think flower, grass, tree and you'll get all the knowledge and wisdom there is and you'll be instantly able to plant a flower, some grass, even a sequoia and know what's going on and what they need to live for the next 4000 years. Yeah baby, yeah). Zotero is not a bad idea as well as Wikipedia, but they are far from being the real stuff that we need to be able to be efficient and solve real issues.


I only hope that I don't have to near one of those and rip out 300 fiber optic cables as I had to a year or so ago.

BTW: most of the people say they love the blue and dark upper part of the picture and that the rest is so lala.

No comments: