2013-06-12

iPhone 5 on iOS 7: I get sick, really! (Motion sickness to be correct) UPDATE: Not any more, cannot live without it

Update:

Here is an update, I tell you. The first few hours were horrible and I felt like I had a little kids toy in my hand, but after a full day working with it, I could not stand the iOS 6.1.4 anymore. It just looked outdated. I love the panorama photo background in lockscreen and also the new unlock pin screen is just gorgeous. Some of the icons still look to plain but I enjoy working with it (I hope the icons get refined a bit). Beta experience was excellent, many crashes but the telephone just kept working after a couple of seconds I was back on the pin entry screen and could continue to work. Beta 2 has improved but it still fails many times. Now since yesterday I got rid of the iOS 6 on the iPad3 and to be honest I really enjoy working with iOS 7.


Oh my god. Just finished to install iOS 7 on my iphone 5 and from the start I can say that I really really despise the icons and colors, it just looks silly to me. Like a 2 year old child's playtoy.

But worst of all I really get motion sickness from all the zooming in and out. I don't know if I get used to it.

When you watch the keynote and see the icons you think they might be ok, but really looking at the things, ... it takes time. Maybe one day I'll understand and will be ready to accept and encompass the change, maybe some Yoga class helps me relieve some of my pain.

The video of the design philosophy reminds me of microsoft's approach, the windows logo, the white office 2013, outlook.com. Something is definitely wrong, we have now all the quality resolution and colors available and we go back to maybe 5 colors? Somehow I feel also kind of samsunged, as the default background and coloring reminds me more of a galaxy S4 than of an iOS device.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

100% agree on the motion sickness part. I'm getting dizzy looking at this fucking thing.

Anonymous said...

Agreed about motion sickness - love the aesthetics, hate the parallax. I've disabled it in the Accessibility settings for now.

2400serenanguyen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.