2014-11-25

Mobile Phone shootout: iPhone 5 (iOS 8.1.1), Nokia Lumia 830 DS (WP8.1), Motorola Moto G (KitKat 4.4.4) (developing article)

Well, to be honest, I do like to run around with three mobile phones at the same time and I also like to get my notifications and messages three times. That's just me.

I did not purchase the iPhone 6 as it was not really convincing and then I saw the Nokia Lumia at $90 with Dual SIM and a superb CPU. I took the liberty and bought it on the spot. There are some great articles about the 530 and they are correct, it is the perfect phone for the price you pay. (Warning the display is really old tech and will not be eye pleasing for most). I actually thought a whole lot about the purchase and if it's worth and why not go at the 630 DS at $140, that one has actually that much more to offer and is still cheap.

Then came lollipop and I was convinced that I should try an Android phone again. I really despised my Nexus 7; long gone.

My Son wanted to switch back to an iPhone so he got the old 5 from my wife and I took the liberty to use his Samsung Galaxy S4. (Boy was that a mistake for what's coming). I erased everything and started from scratch and used his 4.4.4 with all possible Google that I could get including Google Now launcher. You cannot believe what Android 4.4.4 with all Google and their newest version of apps do to you. You actually start liking android again! It's funny, colourful and a bit lame, yes. It still feels Androidish. Then my daughter asked for it and I had to give it away. Anyway that was good, since the real goal has been to spend the least amount of money to get a decent Android Phone that is capable of running Lollipop, i.e. will get it as soon as possible.

I never lost completely track of the Android phones and actually was mildly interested in the Nexus 5 as this phone has proven it's worth. Many of my colleagues had it and were super happy; that was until they touched the HTC M8 and since then that's their phone du jour. There was another phone the One Plus One but that was resold pretty quickly and some people eye the Xiaomi, but have not purchased it. So one phone stood out, not the huawaii cheapskate d

No comments: