2013-10-28

Google Rant #1: Google Drive in 2013: Would you have thought that they cannot continue sync of a partial folder

I had to reinstall my iMac from scratch thanks to Mavericks.

Now i thought great just get google drive installed and let the sync update my folder. The folder has been restored.

Not possible. It forced me to delete all and then start the sync. Can you imagine that somebody in the year of 2013 asks you such a stupid thing? I would have thought that the magicians at google would be able to properly handle sync even doing some hash on files etc.

Since I was not sure if I had already added something in anticipation I had moved all files to desktop start sync and then visually compare. I should've used rsync with -c or so, but maybe Google would not like that as well.

I really hope that dropbox will rule the world, but it's kind of to quiet and in enterprises box is making more often an appearance.

No comments: