2015-07-07

Windows 10: Is your windows explorer loading your files slow as hell with a green bar in Windows 10? To hell with it.

You cannot believe how many months I did nothing to solve this issue.

I use my downloads folder as the sole repository for everything, I'm a big fan of this and I was getting absolutely horrible performance on my more than adequately equipped machine.

Every time you open the downloads folder, with my default selected option to sort by date descending, windows showed me the folder but with the default sort and then after about 2 seconds a green bar appeared where the path is displayed and it could take up to 20 seconds for the correct sorted files to appear.

Since there are so many other unsolved mysteries and I only made use of this folder about 20 times a day I just let it pass.

But thanks to this blog article I was able to finally get rid of it and it feels absolutely refreshing. What a relieve !

http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/128962.aspx


Use Windows Explorer, go to the real folder, not some links or favorite entries and then click properties, where you see customize, then select general items and select all subfolders option. Click OK. And it's history.


No comments: