2015-09-09

Apple Rant #25b - Apple got it all wrong, yes?

Many things Apple just presented seem to be great and another round of big achievements, but honestly they miss out where we should be moving.

Office on iPad Pro, what a ... nice thing. Nobody really solved the input UI of the future and office just looks plain 2015ish. Actually it looks more like what in 2003 a table PC was capable of (oh my I forgot that brand I used to play around with).

No one has solved the issue, not even Windows 10 Tablet mode. The different applications do not really make us fast and fluid, efficient finger and pen users.

The iPad pro will need to be tested, but the software is already lacking. Yes, some specific applications are extremely tuned but the overall daily live usage is not given. 


Having spent years using tablet PCs and iPads, I think the greatest invention of all is the surface 3 pro kickstand. If I need a button on the pen that automatically opens onenote, yes, definitely. 

I do not believe that the notes app will do the trick. Onenote is currently the app to go. Windows Journal being long a zombie. No real improvements for the last few years.

Again I really despise having to hold my iPad and the official cover that you can fold, is really not good.

Surface Pro 3 kickstand glued to an iPad Pro and you got me. Maybe something for logitech?

Apple TV new tvOS, oh my I hate it already that I have to move from box to box. Why not fluid movements and free moving around instead of going cursor like up and down? Logitech had created a mouse that I could swing around many years ago.

Also if you got a phone why would I need to add a very expensive 32GB storage Apple TV? I could live with a 30$ dongle that needs my iPhone as it's engine and I could hook in other players as well, no?

The real challenge that Apple should address is iBooks!

I still cannot edit PDFs, cannot open them in another application, organize in many levels of folders ....

Same goes for unified data storage, i.e. all data is there, the applications just present it to you, i.e. you start typing and the word processing engine shows it to you, but why not let the mind map application show it to you visually different, each application can enrich the data but all applications work on the same data? They add their own meta data, but the applications that don't understand it just display what they can and even allow to modify for what they were built for. Such as a syntax editor display the text in pure text. open it in html editor with full css and other styles, then open it in mind map to quickly navigate and then use powerpoint outline mode to move around add some pictures, videos etc. then continue working with it with movie maker, then over to some visio, then modify in corel draw ....


No comments: