2013-04-05

Calibre: Using multiple Calibre Web servers on a single machine (still hoping it will get a big makeover and really have some great UI)

Run multiple instances of calibre web server using:

/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/MacOS/calibre-server --port 9900 --with-library "..."
/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/MacOS/calibre-server --port 9901 --with-library "..."

There are a lot more options and some are really cool, like restrictions

Rant:
I could use iTunes, as I did the last couple of years, but organizing books with iBooks and iTunes 11 is really not enjoyable anymore.

One of the big issues is that the Collections created on the iOS devices is not visible in iTunes and somehow I cannot view the books like I could in iTunes < 11.

So I started to use Calibre again, and was hoping that the interface has improved, but no. Still looking 90s but some of the features are nice.

And I have to run 2 instances of calibre web server to serve content for my wife and for me, later on I probably will have to run one for each family member, but hope that Apple comes to the rescue, which it most probably won't.

No comments: