2013-08-27

Samsung Galaxy S4: The screen size that apple should have done, should do. iOS 7 to the rescue!


I use on a daily basis an iPhone 5 and the iPad 3, with the Mac Book Air 13" as my main computer and then the 27" iMac as the family bastion.

I'm an iDad and we were quite happy, but mobile iDevices seem to loose rapidly the stronghold in our age 12 to 15 category. They all crave for the Samsung device and I think it's mainly the screen size.

Apple with iOS6 looks old and the devices don't look like much fun. iOS 7 is a big winner, it looks and feels much fresher and cooler than all the androids and windows phones, especially since they introduced much more colorful icons in the settings and brought a lot of features.

The only real thing lacking is screen size. They might end up like Nokia and Ericsson. Small was beautiful and compact size was the crave du jour. 

But I have used the S4 and everything makes a little bit more fun. The iPad mini is too big, the S4 can still fit in a pocket, even in business trousers and while cycling it does not fall out (in my experiences). The iPhone and iOS7 are quite gorgeous but a little bit more screen and it is amazing. The version on my iPad does not really work today and does not look as amazing as the iPhone version, don't really understand why but I think from the iPad's size I expect more of a Mac Book Air quality experience than a mobile OS. Something like Surface Pro and not Surface RT. To this day I cannot really make use of the iPad for productivity work, even though I use the more than great Zagg keyboard, but I much prefer the Mac Air. Nexus 7 is no real alternative as the ratio of width and height are strange to me as well as the 10" Galaxy tab. Not for me.

Screen size 5" or something alike and you see a big difference, try it for yourself. Look at some web pages and pictures and they really are different. Yes the iPad is also gorgeous but to big (both the mini and the regular size).

No comments: