2007-05-29

IBM Thinkpad T60 2007-7JG The downside of it all

I've been working with IBM Notebooks for 7 years now and was lucky enough to be able to change it every 2 to 3 months and working with at least 2 or 3 notebooks concurrently.

I now do own a Lenovo (Lenovo and IBM Labeled machine) T60.

I do not like certain features of the machine. One thing I don't like at all is the heat that the machine generates under your palms. I am working a couple of hours daily on the notebook itself not via a connected keyboard.

It is not a pleasure to work with that thing, my palms always feel like on fire. If you touch the notebook it is not that hot, it is warm but warm enough to feel uncomfortable. The T40, 41, 42, 43 all do not have this issue.

2nd the keyboard. Oh boy, I waited for 6 years to get the windows key on the keyboard. I usually make use of it 100 times a day and with the ibm notebooks I always used CTRL-ESC, cursor up twice and enter, then type explorer, cmd or whatever. Now I can type WIN+R or WIN+E. The drawback is that the keyboard is not nearly as good as it was. On the T41 it was almost perfect.

No comments: