2007-05-11

Parallels Desktop for MAC

Well yesterday (I almost forgot) I had the chance to do a parallels installation on a MacBook (I really like it).

And the coherence feature is what I really, really like. It is not what I was expecting, but it is nice. I haven't found out, if I can disable the windows taskbar (not just hiding, but not being used). But it's quite cool to start your applications in a citrix kind of way. Maybe in the future it won't be necessary to start the virtual machine but kind of softricity streaming mode.

Well anyway, compared to VirtualPC6 or 7 (which I have been using and am still using on the powerpc based iMac's) it's ... not comparable. Speed is so much better and the coherence makes so much fun to work with it.

I also do like the customization part (I only saw it while generating my xp box on it) but haven't been able to play with it.

No comments: