2012-03-22

Google Chrome annoyances #2: PDF print and blogger.com data loss

It has been some time that I have been relying on features from Chrome to make life easier, since in the past some of the functionality caused me big headaches.

I still use google chrome and my number one feature is the Omnibar. Everything else just sucks. But there is hope as safari has announced that from 5.2 there will be as well the Omnibar. Horray!

OK here we go:

PDF print


Clever function, I need it all the time since I want to keep many webpages in PDF form for storage etc. But I couldn't get chrome to create a PDF I can use since it just slices through text and graphics. Something IE2 has done 99 years ago for web page printing.


Blogger.com


Everytime I work on blogger.com from google chrome I loose data, the publish and update sometimes works sometimes it doesn't. If I add some line and then maybe another I press publish and nothing happens. If I leave the page data is lost. If from the same machine I use firefox 11 to do the same I never ever have any issue. So I stop using it for this purpose.

General webpage compatibility


I use many different computer vendor systems and their web management software and about 90% of all don't work. With firefox it is about a 10% chance that some old IE page won't work. And with IE it is like 95% of the webpages work but only about 30% are really usable due to speed problems. Most of the extjs pages have big issues.

No comments: