2012-03-10

Most beloved iPad stand (stump stand 25$)

Using the smart cover on iPad 2 is a potential risk to your iPad health; not only does it get scratched but also in tough circumstances you'll might accidentially destroy you iPad because catching the smart cover on an iPad on it's way to the floor is not advantageous, at least not for your iPad.

And using it daily you'll notice another shortcomming. You might want to put your iPad in portrait  elevated mode but that's not possible and in my case I need the landscape elevated mode but the dock connector is always in the way. As a workaround I sometimes would just put the iPad on top of the folded  smart cover in portrait or 180 landscape mode but the angle is not flexible enough.

If you have ever been to an apple shop you know how nice their iPad presentation stands are, still they are missing the high view position but at least they are very flexible.

But ever since I saw this Stump Stand in the apple online store, I fell in love with it and it has proven itself very well. I wish I could afford about 5 or 6 of them and just leave them on each cupboard, table etc.

If you are like me and need a very flexible small stand for business or private make sure you check out this product. There are 2 thing they need to solve to make me more happy than I am already:


  • fix the colors, I need white. Somehow they change colors (it has at one point existed in white) and do not really make others available again. I would go for blue or white, but chose red. The black did not look great with my white iPad.
  • improve the lean mode, as it is somewhat dangerous. They point this out on the webpage and in the card that comes with the product, but maybe they find a way to improve this (challenge).
http://www.stumpstore.com/

Screenshot from their webpage:

In my opinion the best!

And available in some Apple online store, but not US!

Available colors in CH:
Did I already mention that I need the white? Please make it available again.

No comments: