2012-03-16

Will I buy the new iPad? continued...

After playing around in our local shop I have to say that I forget to put my old iPad2 next to it to have something to compare.

I use my iPad 2 about 2-4 hours a day, i.e. stretched over a 16 hours day. And for me the new iPad did not seem different than what I have:

the weight
    • a non issue, had only 15 minutes to play around but it felt good
the feel and touch
    • same as today, did not notice that it is thicker
the screen
    • looks a little bit sharper, but I was not blown away. Which is sad because I expected from this single feature a miracle. It looks really great, but I did not feel the urge to buy immediately solely on this.
the camera
    • feels great and fast but somehow the pictures are a bit wobbly and the video looked a bit grainy. Compared to the old iPad this is incredibly better, just look at the photo in the previous post. This for me is an argument to buy the new iPad but it is not strong enough.
the battery

    • cannot comment, but the reports say that it will take much longer to load. Just this morning: yesterday I used the iPad at lenght and when I woke up the battery was at 3%. I plugged it in and 40 minutes later I had 42% battery load. I hope that the new one will not take double or more time to load.

If you don't own an iPad already, it will be a sure thing. If you have an iPad 2 you have to have really good arguments and enough cash to hand out. My iPad 2 is not yet a year old.

The new iPad should have come with water protection like the one from liquipel or hzo. And more importantly it should have complete glass and chassis protection. Today this is possible but only with an additional case (another post).



Original Post
http://engineeringmadness.blogspot.com/2012/03/will-i-buy-new-ipad.html

No comments: